Thursday, March 7, 2013

Coffee, Coffee, Coffee

The last six days in Pennsylvania have only strengthened my coffee addiction.  With over seven types of creamer staring at me in the fridge and several Dunkin Donuts shops in the area, I have hit an all-time high/low.  My mom is my biggest coffee inspiration, drinking easily six cups a day, often followed by some decaf in the evening.  Two days ago, she and I threw our empty cups in the back seat of my car as we pulled up to the window at another Dunkin Donuts to collect round two for the day.  We get each other.

Today I pulled out my to-do lists that I made for Spring Break.  I wasn't very surprised when I found that tons of things had been crossed off of the 'Wedding To-Do List' while absolutely nothing had been touched on my 'School To-Do List'. Lame. It is way more fun to pick out wedding invitations and decide on flowers than write a research paper on fall prevention in nursing homes.  I gagged a little when I typed that.  Senioritis is kicking in big time, and I am about to go back to arguably the most hectic and stressful 6 weeks of college I have ever experienced.  As much as I am dreading all of the tests and ATIs and presentations and four remaining 12-hour clinicals, I am anxious to see how this incredible chapter of my life will finish.  There are so many things I still want to do and so many people I wish I could sit and have coffee with (of course) for hours, but I know that my expectations are unrealistic.  If you see me around campus bursting into tears in the next month or two, it's probably going to happen again.  I feel like these last six weeks are the sprint at the end of a crazy and overwhelming marathon.  I do not want to slack off or walk through these days.  I want to give everything I have and pour into the people around me, allowing others to fill me as well.

I'm not sure where to insert this, but I would like you all to know that I ate deer meat yesterday. And I liked it. Andrea's in-laws gave her a ton of deer meat and she has been incorporating it into all kinds of recipes.  Last night she made some asian stir fry with this deer meat, and I was pleasantly surprised.  I don't know if I'll be that adventurous in the kitchen.

I also had the pleasure of going to Steve's soccer game last night at 10:30 pm with his dad and brother.  His team (Balls In Your Face) won 6-0, Steve scored two of the goals.  That last sentence makes me both proud and ashamed.  He did not pick the team name, but it did make for some entertaining comments from the three of us in the stands.  Never a dull moment.

Today, my mom and I are spending the afternoon together.  We'll start with time with Ronn at Blooms by Vickry to discuss flowers for the wedding, and then we'll do what we do best--shop and drink coffee! Steve wants to get all you can eat sushi tonight... I don't know if I have time to mentally prepare for that.



2 comments:

  1. This is delightful :) FINISH STRONG, LINDS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. coffee with me, coffee with me! soon. Let's do it. I like reading your thoughts. Keep writing and keep livin' the good life. Love you and praying for you in these conclusive times here at IWU. Know that you're always welcome in my home. No matter where that home ends up through my life. I can't wait to see all God does with you as you transition back to PA life. love love love.

    ReplyDelete